Galveston Spot ID
Photo credit: Tony
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.0 °C
Galveston in Texas is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. The best conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave angle is from the southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rips, obstacles, sharks and jellyfish.
For Galveston (Galveston Channel), Texas, 2 km from Galveston.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-GTOT2, 2 km from Galveston.
At Galveston Buoy, 22 miles from Galveston.
|Data Age||8 hr||7 hr||6 hr||5 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||7||7||7|
Overall Galveston Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Galveston over a normal March. I... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Galveston surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Texas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Galveston
Tide stations nearest to Galveston:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station2 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Galveston is Scholes International At Galveston Airport (GLS) in USA, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Galveston is Ellington Fld (Houston) Airport (EFD), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is William P Hobby (Houston) Airport (HOU) in USA, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- George Bush Intcntl Houston Airport (IAH) in USA is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Southeast Texas Rgnl (Beaumont) Airport (BPT), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Galveston and is 102 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Galveston, Texas. Use the tab navigation above to view Galveston sea temperature, Galveston photographs, Galveston detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Galveston webcams, current wind from Texas live weather stations and Galveston tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Galveston.