Furana Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.3 °C
Furana in North Male Atoll is an exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. The surf tends to be optimum in the spring. Ideal winds are from the northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south. There is a right hand reef break. Sometimes crowded. Take care of dead coral and sharks.
Overall Furana Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Furana over a normal June and is... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Furana surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North Male Atoll surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Furana
Tide stations nearest to Furana:
- Closest tide stationMaale21 mi
- Second closest tide stationNaifaru82 mi
- Third closest tide stationKulhudhuffushi167 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationThinadhoo261 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMinicoy Island, Lakshadweep280 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Furana:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)1860 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)1875 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)1950 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)1953 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)2060 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Furana:
- Closest city locationMale21 mi
- Second closest city locationThiruvananthapuram (India)375 mi
- Third closest city locationNeyyattinkara (India)375 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVarkkallai (India)378 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAttingal (India)380 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Furana is Male International Airport (MLE) in Maldives, which is 8 km (5 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Furana is Thiruvananthapuram International (Trivandrum) Airport (TRV) in India, 599 km (372 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Furana, North Male Atoll. Use the tab navigation above to view Furana sea temperature, Furana photographs, Furana detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Furana webcams, current wind from North Male Atoll live weather stations and Furana tide predictions. The Maldives swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Maldives and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Maldives wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Furana.