Freshwater and Harbord Spot ID
Best: Swell ENE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.0 °C
Freshwater and Harbord in Sydney North is a sheltered beach break that has dependable surf. The favoured time of year for waves is autumn. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest with some shelter here from northeast winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the optimum swell angle is from the east northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Freshwater and Harbord Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Freshwater and Harbord through a... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Freshwater and Harbord surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Sydney North Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Freshwater and Harbord
Visitor Reviews of Freshwater and Harbord
“The north end of Freshwater is often good for beginners”
Nicole Naunton from AUSTRALIA - 02 Apr 2012
Tide stations nearest to Freshwater and Harbord:
- Closest tide stationManly1 mi
- Second closest tide stationDee Why2 mi
- Third closest tide stationCamp Cove4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationForestville6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNorth Narrabeen6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Freshwater and Harbord:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)218 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)244 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)249 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)253 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)311 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Freshwater and Harbord:
- Closest city locationMosman (Australia)5 mi
- Second closest city locationRandwick (Australia)10 mi
- Third closest city locationSydney (Australia)12 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMaroubra (Australia)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSydney International Airport (Australia)13 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Freshwater and Harbord is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Freshwater and Harbord is Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU), also in Australia, 33 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Richmond Airport (RCM) in Australia, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU) in Australia is 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Canberra Airport (CBR), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Freshwater and Harbord and is 257 km (160 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Freshwater and Harbord, NSW - Sydney North Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Freshwater and Harbord sea temperature, Freshwater and Harbord photographs, Freshwater and Harbord detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Freshwater and Harbord webcams, current wind from NSW - Sydney North Coast live weather stations and Freshwater and Harbord tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Freshwater and Harbord.