Frente A Bahia Spot ID
Photo credit: Ricardo
Best: Swell SW | Wind ESE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.9 °C
Frente A Bahia in Manabi is a reasonably exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter and spring are the optimum times of year to visit. The best wind direction is from the east southeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach breaks are all lefts. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Frente A Bahia Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Frente A Bahia over a normal Sep... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Frente A Bahia surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Manabi surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Frente A Bahia
- The closest passenger airport to Frente A Bahia is Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador, 45 km (28 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Frente A Bahia is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO), also in Ecuador, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Third is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE) in Ecuador, 183 km (114 miles) away.
- General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Chachoan (Ambato) Airport (ATF), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Frente A Bahia and is 218 km (135 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Frente A Bahia, Manabi. Use the tab navigation above to view Frente A Bahia sea temperature, Frente A Bahia photographs, Frente A Bahia detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Frente A Bahia webcams, current wind from Manabi live weather stations and Frente A Bahia tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Frente A Bahia.