Fregate Island Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell ENE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.9 °C
Fregate Island Reef in Fregate Island is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the best time of year for waves. Ideal winds are from the southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the east northeast. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of - Urchins - Rocks.
Overall Fregate Island Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Fregate Island Reef over a normal ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fregate Island Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Fregate Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fregate Island Reef
Ski Resorts closest to Fregate Island Reef:
- Closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2426 mi
- Second closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2431 mi
- Third closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)2448 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)2566 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaTarik Darreh (Iran (Islamic Republic of))2761 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Fregate Island Reef:
- The nearest passenger airport to Fregate Island Reef is Praslin Airport (PRI) in Seychelles, which is 41 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Fregate Island Reef is Seychelles International (Mahe) Airport (SEZ), also in Seychelles, 48 km (30 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fregate Island Reef, Fregate Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Fregate Island Reef sea temperature, Fregate Island Reef photographs, Fregate Island Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fregate Island Reef webcams, current wind from Fregate Island live weather stations and Fregate Island Reef tide predictions. The Seychelles swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Seychelles and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Seychelles wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fregate Island Reef.