Frankport Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 10.3 °C
Frankport in Oregon_South is a quite exposed beach and reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the east with some shelter here from south winds. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Often Crowded. Hazards include rips, sharks and rocks.
At Frankport (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Gold Beach, 12 km from Frankport.
At Port Orford Buoy, 24 miles from Frankport.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||17||17||7|
Overall Frankport Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Frankport through an average... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Frankport surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oregon South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Frankport
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Frankport:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break6 mi
- Second closest break11 mi
- Third closest break12 mi
- Fourth closest break12 mi
- Fifth closest break18 mi
Tide stations nearest to Frankport:
- Closest tide stationWedderburn, Rogue River10 mi
- Second closest tide stationPort Orford12 mi
- Third closest tide stationBandon, Coquille River37 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBrookings, Chetco Cove37 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCharleston53 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Frankport:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland93 mi
- Second closest ski areaWillamette Pass139 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Shasta140 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Bachelor167 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHoodoo Ski Area179 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Frankport:
- Closest city locationGrants Pass55 mi
- Second closest city locationMedford80 mi
- Third closest city locationEugene122 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSpringfield122 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEureka124 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Frankport is Mc Minnville Muni (Mackminnville) Airport (MMV) in USA, which is 308 km (191 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Frankport is Portland International Airport (PDX), also in USA, 364 km (226 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Frankport, Oregon South. Use the tab navigation above to view Frankport sea temperature, Frankport photographs, Frankport detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Frankport webcams, current wind from Oregon South live weather stations and Frankport tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Frankport.