Foxton Beach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Wanganui and the Manawatu, New Zealand)
Foxton Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.1 °C
Foxton Beach in Wanganui-Manawatu is a fairly exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here.
Overall Foxton Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Foxton Beach through a typical M... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Foxton Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wanganui-Manawatu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Foxton Beach
Visitor Reviews of Foxton Beach
“I checked this place out due to reading it supposedly had amazing waves and loads of things to do if the surf was flat. I was extremely disappointed to have booked a 2 week holiday there with my family. When I finally got there the surf for the entire two weeks was the worst waves I have ever seen in my life. I was expecting some decent surf according to the reviews but it was inconsistent, crumbly rubbish. Even when it was supposed to be a good day all it was is gutless close outs dumping on a weak shallow sandy beach.
One of my surfs I was abused and chased from the water by a very angry pack of locals. They threatened to trash my car and give me a beating if they ever saw me there again. The local police were no help and actually told me to leave because they did not want upset the local board riders who were there all year round, and I was only a visitor.
When I had to spend the next week out of the water I found there is nothing to do in this region...absolutely nothing! It was the worst region I have ever visited and I recommend it to everyone who reads this review to stay away from this horrible place.”
Fullapu Falofasofa from SAMOA - 11 Nov 2011
Tide stations nearest to Foxton Beach:
- Closest tide stationManawatu River Entrance0 mi
- Second closest tide stationOtaki21 mi
- Third closest tide stationParaparaumu33 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWanganui38 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWhanganui River Entrance38 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Foxton Beach:
- Closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)81 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)85 mi
- Third closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)88 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)100 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)157 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Foxton Beach:
- Closest city locationPalmerston North (New Zealand)22 mi
- Second closest city locationParaparaumu (New Zealand)33 mi
- Third closest city locationWanganui (New Zealand)38 mi
- Fourth closest city locationUpper Hutt (New Zealand)47 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPorirua (New Zealand)50 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Foxton Beach is Palmerston North Airport (PMR) in New Zealand, 38 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Foxton Beach is Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ), also in New Zealand, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Wanganui Airport (WAG) in New Zealand, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Masterton Airport (MRO) in New Zealand is 66 km (41 miles) away.
- Wellington International Airport (WLG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Foxton Beach and is 102 km (63 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Foxton Beach, Wanganui-Manawatu. Use the tab navigation above to view Foxton Beach sea temperature, Foxton Beach photographs, Foxton Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Foxton Beach webcams, current wind from Wanganui-Manawatu live weather stations and Foxton Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Foxton Beach.