42nd St VA Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.9 °C
42nd St VA Beach in Virginiais a sandbar break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west southwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east southeast. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Crowds are never a problem here. Beware of - Localism - Pollution.
For Virginia Beach, Virginia, 3 km from 42nd St VA Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oceana Naval Air Station Airport, 7 km from 42nd St VA Beach.
|light winds from the SSW|
Dry and partly cloudy
At Stingray Point Buoy, 49 miles from 42nd St VA Beach.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||2||2||-||-|
Overall 42nd St VA Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image shows the variation of swells directed at 42nd St VA Beach through a typical... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 42nd St VA Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Virginia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 42nd St VA Beach
Tide stations nearest to 42nd St VA Beach:
- Closest tide stationVirginia Beach2 mi
- Second closest tide stationInside channel, Rudee Inlet2 mi
- Third closest tide stationLake Rudee, south end3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRudee Heights, Lake Wesley3 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRudee Inlet entrance3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to 42nd St VA Beach:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort174 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten186 mi
- Third closest ski areaBryce Resort201 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Liberty213 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area225 mi
Town and city forecasts close to 42nd St VA Beach:
- Closest city locationVirginia Beach1 mi
- Second closest city locationChesapeake17 mi
- Third closest city locationNorfolk17 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortsmouth19 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortsmouth Heights22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to 42nd St VA Beach is Oceana Nas Airport (NTU) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to 42nd St VA Beach is Norfolk International Airport (ORF), also in USA, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Norfolk Ns Airport (NGU) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away.
- Langley Afb (Hampton) Airport (LFI) in USA is 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to 42nd St VA Beach and is 54 km (34 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 42nd St VA Beach, Virginia. Use the tab navigation above to view 42nd St VA Beach sea temperature, 42nd St VA Beach photographs, 42nd St VA Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 42nd St VA Beach webcams, current wind from Virginia live weather stations and 42nd St VA Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 42nd St VA Beach.