Fort Walton Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.5 °C
Fort Walton Pier in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that has quite consistent surf. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the north northeast. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the best wave direction is from the south southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Beware of - Localism - Pollution - Sharks.
For Fort Walton Beach, 2 km from Fort Walton Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hurlbert, 5 km from Fort Walton Pier.
|light winds from the WSW|
At Orange Beach Buoy, 62 miles from Fort Walton Pier.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||8||7||8|
Overall Fort Walton Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Fort Walton Pier through an aver... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fort Walton Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fort Walton Pier
Tide stations nearest to Fort Walton Pier:
- Closest tide stationFort Walton Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationShalimar, Garnier Bayou, Choctawhatchee Bay3 mi
- Third closest tide stationEast Pass (Destin), Choctawhatchee Bay5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWright5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationEglin Village6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Fort Walton Pier:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont314 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley369 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain374 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley390 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee408 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Fort Walton Pier:
- Closest city locationEast Pensacola Heights35 mi
- Second closest city locationFerry Pass37 mi
- Third closest city locationPensacola38 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPanama City63 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEnterprise78 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Fort Walton Pier is Hurlburt Fld (Mary Esther) Airport (HRT) in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Fort Walton Pier is Eglin Afb (Valparaiso) Airport (VPS) in Usa (florida, 12 km (7 miles) away.
- Third is Bob Sikes (Crestview) Airport (CEW) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Whiting Fld Nas North (Milton) Airport (NSE) in USA is 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Pensacola Rgnl Airport (PNS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Fort Walton Pier and is 57 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fort Walton Pier, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Fort Walton Pier sea temperature, Fort Walton Pier photographs, Fort Walton Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fort Walton Pier webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Fort Walton Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fort Walton Pier.