Fort Walton Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.4 °C
Fort Walton Pier in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the south southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Watch out for - Localism - Pollution - Sharks.
For Fort Walton Beach, 2 km from Fort Walton Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Shalimar, 5 km from Fort Walton Pier.
|light winds from the NNE|
At Orange Beach Buoy, 62 miles from Fort Walton Pier.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||3||3||3|
Overall Fort Walton Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Fort Walton Pier over a normal S... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fort Walton Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fort Walton Pier
Tide stations nearest to Fort Walton Pier:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station5 mi
- Fourth closest tide station5 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Fort Walton Pier is Hurlburt Fld (Mary Esther) Airport (HRT) in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Fort Walton Pier is Eglin Afb (Valparaiso) Airport (VPS) in Usa (florida, 12 km (7 miles) away.
- Third is Bob Sikes (Crestview) Airport (CEW) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Whiting Fld Nas North (Milton) Airport (NSE) in USA is 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Pensacola Rgnl Airport (PNS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Fort Walton Pier and is 57 km (35 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fort Walton Pier, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Fort Walton Pier sea temperature, Fort Walton Pier photographs, Fort Walton Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fort Walton Pier webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Fort Walton Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fort Walton Pier.