Fort Walton Pier Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Gulf Coast, Florida, USA)
Fort Walton Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.9 °C
Fort Walton Pier in Gulf Coast, Floridais a beach break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the north northeast. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the best wave direction is from the south southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of - Localism - Pollution - Sharks.
For Fort Walton Beach, 2 km from Fort Walton Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hurlbert, 5 km from Fort Walton Pier.
At Orange Beach Buoy, 62 miles from Fort Walton Pier.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||7||8||8|
Overall Fort Walton Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Fort Walton Pier through an averag... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fort Walton Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - Gulf surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fort Walton Pier
Visitor Reviews of Fort Walton Pier
Tide stations nearest to Fort Walton Pier:
- Closest tide stationFort Walton Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationShalimar, Garnier Bayou, Choctawhatchee Bay3 mi
- Third closest tide stationEast Pass (Destin), Choctawhatchee Bay5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWright5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationEglin Village6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Fort Walton Pier:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)314 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)369 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)374 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)390 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)408 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Fort Walton Pier:
- Closest city locationEast Pensacola Heights (United States)35 mi
- Second closest city locationFerry Pass (United States)37 mi
- Third closest city locationPensacola (United States)38 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPanama City (United States)63 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMobile (United States)88 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fort Walton Pier, Florida - Gulf. Use the tab navigation above to view Fort Walton Pier sea temperature, Fort Walton Pier photographs, Fort Walton Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fort Walton Pier webcams, current wind from Florida - Gulf live weather stations and Fort Walton Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fort Walton Pier.