Fort. Ebey Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.9 °C
Fort. Ebey in Washington Stateis a reef break that is usually a safe bet. Ideal winds are from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. Rarely crowded here. Beware of .
For Point Partridge, Whidbey Island, Washington, 1 km from Fort. Ebey.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Coupeville, 6 km from Fort. Ebey.
At Halibut Bank Buoy, 88 miles from Fort. Ebey.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||4|
Overall Fort. Ebey Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Fort. Ebey through a typical... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fort. Ebey surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Washington surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fort. Ebey
Visitor Reviews of Fort. Ebey
“This is an extremely fickle left point break so unless you've been here enough to figure it out your chances of getting skunked are high. Even us locals can't predict it even when everything looks "dialed" to go it still often saltpeters out. Its the last break at the end of the strait of Juan de Fuca so swell direction is pretty important and its very tide/wind dependent.
Its a fun little wave when it shapes up starting at the elbow of the point with a prominent flat section in the bowl and then gets fast and ledgy on the inside. Don't bring your prize board as your chances of dinging it on the rocks are pretty high.
This spot definitely can't hold a big crowd so if you come be prepared take turns and general rules of respect/ dropping in/ snaking all apply.”
Thom from UNITED STATES - 29 Aug 2011
Tide stations nearest to Fort. Ebey:
- Closest tide stationPoint Partridge, Whidbey Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCoupeville4 mi
- Third closest tide stationSunset Beach, Whidbey Island, Strait of Juan de Fuca4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationAdmiralty Head6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSmith Island7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Fort. Ebey:
- Closest ski areaHurricane Ridge (United States)38 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Baker (United States)58 mi
- Third closest ski areaThe Summit at Snoqualmie (United States)59 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaStevens Pass (United States)72 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Seymour (Canada)76 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Fort. Ebey:
- Closest city locationMount Vernon (United States)24 mi
- Second closest city locationEverett (United States)30 mi
- Third closest city locationMarysville (United States)30 mi
- Fourth closest city locationVictoria (Canada)30 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEdmonds (United States)34 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fort. Ebey, Washington. Use the tab navigation above to view Fort. Ebey sea temperature, Fort. Ebey photographs, Fort. Ebey detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fort. Ebey webcams, current wind from Washington live weather stations and Fort. Ebey tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fort. Ebey.