Florence-South Jetty Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.7 °C
Florence-South Jetty in Oregon_South is an exposed beach/Jetty break that usually has waves. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northeast with some shelter here from north winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southwest. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here. Beware of rips and sharks.
For Entrance, Siuslaw River, Oregon, 1 km from Florence-South Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Florence, 1 km from Florence-South Jetty.
At Stonewall Banks Buoy, 47 miles from Florence-South Jetty.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||15||16|
Overall Florence-South Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the range of swells directed at Florence-South Jetty through an ave... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Florence-South Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Oregon South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Florence-South Jetty
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Florence-South Jetty:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break21 mi
- Third closest break24 mi
- Fourth closest break41 mi
- Fifth closest break42 mi
Tide stations nearest to Florence-South Jetty:
- Closest tide stationEntrance, Siuslaw River1 mi
- Second closest tide stationFlorence, Siuslaw River4 mi
- Third closest tide stationGardiner, Umpqua River19 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationReedsport, Umpqua River22 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationEntrance, Umpqua River23 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Florence-South Jetty:
- Closest ski areaWillamette Pass (United States)109 mi
- Second closest ski areaHoodoo Ski Area (United States)116 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt Bachelor (United States)122 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Hood Ski Bowl (United States)147 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaTimberline (United States)150 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Florence-South Jetty:
- Closest city locationEugene (United States)53 mi
- Second closest city locationSpringfield (United States)55 mi
- Third closest city locationCorvallis (United States)58 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAlbany (United States)67 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSalem (United States)86 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Florence-South Jetty is Mc Minnville Muni (Mackminnville) Airport (MMV) in USA, which is 154 km (96 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Florence-South Jetty is Portland International Airport (PDX), also in USA, 213 km (132 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Florence-South Jetty, Oregon South. Use the tab navigation above to view Florence-South Jetty sea temperature, Florence-South Jetty photographs, Florence-South Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Florence-South Jetty webcams, current wind from Oregon South live weather stations and Florence-South Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Florence-South Jetty.