Flemming Beach Park Spot ID
Photo credit: Darlene
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.1 °C
Flemming Beach Park in Maui is a fairly exposed beach and reef break that has consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves as well as left and right hand reef breaks.. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Watch out for rocks and locals.
Overall Flemming Beach Park Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Flemming Beach Park through an ave... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Flemming Beach Park surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Flemming Beach Park
Visitor Reviews of Flemming Beach Park
“realistically...body surfing only. South part of beach offers spectacularly hollow shore break if there's large swell/kona wind combo.”
david marion from UNITED STATES - 18 Oct 2012
Tide stations nearest to Flemming Beach Park:
- Closest tide stationLahaina, Maui Island9 mi
- Second closest tide stationPukoo Harbor, Molokai Island10 mi
- Third closest tide stationKahului, Kahului Harbor14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKamalo Harbor, Molokai Island14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationKahului17 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Flemming Beach Park:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland2451 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta2455 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area2467 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaDodge Ridge2485 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Valley2487 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Flemming Beach Park:
- Closest city locationKahului17 mi
- Second closest city locationKailua75 mi
- Third closest city locationHonolulu78 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKane'ohe79 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPearl City89 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Flemming Beach Park is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM) in Usa Maui Isl., 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Flemming Beach Park is Kahului Airport (OGG), also in Usa Maui Isl., 27 km (17 miles) away.
- Third is Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl., 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 48 km (30 miles) away.
- Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Flemming Beach Park and is 71 km (44 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Flemming Beach Park, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Flemming Beach Park sea temperature, Flemming Beach Park photographs, Flemming Beach Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Flemming Beach Park webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Flemming Beach Park tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Flemming Beach Park.