Flagler Avenue Spot ID
Photo credit: Rey Villa
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.1 °C
Flagler Avenue in North Florida is an exposed beach/Jetty break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. The beach breaks favour lefts. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Often Crowded. Hazards include rips, sharks,jellyfish,pollution.
For New Smyrna Beach, 4 km from Flagler Avenue.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport (FL), 7 km from Flagler Avenue.
|light winds from the ESE|
Dry and partly cloudy
At Canaveral Buoy, 56 miles from Flagler Avenue.
|Data Age||8 hr||7 hr||6 hr||5 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||-||-||9|
Overall Flagler Avenue Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Flagler Avenue through a typic... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Flagler Avenue surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Flagler Avenue
Tide stations nearest to Flagler Avenue:
- Closest tide stationNew Smyrna Beach2 mi
- Second closest tide stationEdgewater3 mi
- Third closest tide stationPonce de Leon Inlet (inside)3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPonce Inlet, Halifax River5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDaytona Beach Shores (Sunglow Pier)9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Flagler Avenue:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont433 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley438 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley438 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain439 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee470 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Flagler Avenue:
- Closest city locationPort Orange10 mi
- Second closest city locationDaytona Beach15 mi
- Third closest city locationOrmond Beach21 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDeltona24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDe Land25 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Flagler Avenue is Executive (Orlando) Airport (ORL) in USA, 69 km (43 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Flagler Avenue is Orlando International Airport (MCO), also in USA, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Patrick Afb (Coco Beach) Airport (COF) in USA, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MLB) in USA is 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Gainesville Rgnl Airport (GNV), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Flagler Avenue and is 153 km (95 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Flagler Avenue, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Flagler Avenue sea temperature, Flagler Avenue photographs, Flagler Avenue detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Flagler Avenue webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Flagler Avenue tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Flagler Avenue.