Fishermans Reef Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.4 °C
Fishermans Reef in Auckland is a very sheltered reef break Offshore winds are from the southwest with some shelter here from east winds. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northeast. There is no reef break. Sometimes crowded. Hazards include - Urchins - Rocks.
Overall Fishermans Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Fishermans Reef through an average O... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fishermans Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Auckland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fishermans Reef
- The closest passenger airport to Fishermans Reef is Auckland International Airport (AKL) in New Zealand, 43 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Fishermans Reef is Whangarei Airport (WRE), also in New Zealand, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 148 km (92 miles) away.
- Kerikeri Airport (KKE) in New Zealand is 169 km (105 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Fishermans Reef and is 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fishermans Reef, Auckland. Use the tab navigation above to view Fishermans Reef sea temperature, Fishermans Reef photographs, Fishermans Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fishermans Reef webcams, current wind from Auckland live weather stations and Fishermans Reef tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fishermans Reef.