Fishermans Reef Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell NE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.0 °C
Fishermans Reef in Auckland is a very sheltered reef break The best wind direction is from the southwest with some shelter here from east winds. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the northeast. No reef break here. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of - Urchins - Rocks.
Overall Fishermans Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Fishermans Reef through ... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fishermans Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Auckland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fishermans Reef
Tide stations nearest to Fishermans Reef:
- Closest tide stationWeiti River3 mi
- Second closest tide stationTiritiri Matangi Island7 mi
- Third closest tide stationMurrays Bay8 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMansion House Bay13 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOnetaunga Bay14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Fishermans Reef:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa186 mi
- Second closest ski areaManganui190 mi
- Third closest ski areaTukino190 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuroa191 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow377 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Fishermans Reef:
- Closest city locationNorthshore12 mi
- Second closest city locationWaitakere20 mi
- Third closest city locationAuckland23 mi
- Fourth closest city locationManukau25 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWhangarei66 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Fishermans Reef is Auckland International Airport (AKL) in New Zealand, 43 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Fishermans Reef is Whangarei Airport (WRE), also in New Zealand, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Hamilton Airport (HLZ) in New Zealand, 148 km (92 miles) away.
- Kerikeri Airport (KKE) in New Zealand is 169 km (105 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Fishermans Reef and is 173 km (107 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fishermans Reef, Auckland. Use the tab navigation above to view Fishermans Reef sea temperature, Fishermans Reef photographs, Fishermans Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fishermans Reef webcams, current wind from Auckland live weather stations and Fishermans Reef tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fishermans Reef.