Fishermans Island Spot ID
Photo credit: Murray
Best: Swell SE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.4 °C
Fishermans Island in Virginia is an exposed point break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds are from the north. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks consists of lefts. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for rocks and rips.
For Fishermans Island, Chesapeake Bay, Virginia, 3 km from Fishermans Island.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At SHIP97, 10 km from Fishermans Island.
|moderate winds from the ENE|
At Stingray Point Buoy, 36 miles from Fishermans Island.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||2||3||2|
Overall Fishermans Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart describes the variation of swells directed at Fishermans Island through a ty... (show all text)
This image shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fishermans Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Virginia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fishermans Island
Visitor Reviews of Fishermans Island
“Yeah it's a dank place yp”
flocka from UNITED STATES - 14 May 2015
Tide stations nearest to Fishermans Island:
- Closest tide station2 mi
- Second closest tide station4 mi
- Third closest tide station6 mi
- Fourth closest tide station11 mi
- Fifth closest tide station12 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Fishermans Island is Oceana Nas Airport (NTU) in USA, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Fishermans Island is Norfolk International Airport (ORF), also in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is Norfolk Ns Airport (NGU) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away.
- Langley Afb (Hampton) Airport (LFI) in USA is 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Fishermans Island and is 48 km (30 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fishermans Island, Virginia. Use the tab navigation above to view Fishermans Island sea temperature, Fishermans Island photographs, Fishermans Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fishermans Island webcams, current wind from Virginia live weather stations and Fishermans Island tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fishermans Island.