1st Street Jetty Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.2 °C
1st Street Jetty in Virginia is an exposed beach/Jetty break that has reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. The beach break offers mainly right hand waves. Best around high tide. Often Crowded. Take care of rocks and locals.
For Lake Rudee, south end, Virginia, 3 km from 1st Street Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oceana Naval Air Station Airport, 5 km from 1st Street Jetty.
|light winds from the ESE|
Fog patches -
At Jamestown Buoy, 53 miles from 1st Street Jetty.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall 1st Street Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at 1st Street Jetty over a normal J... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 1st Street Jetty surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Virginia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 1st Street Jetty
Tide stations nearest to 1st Street Jetty:
- Closest tide stationLake Rudee, south end2 mi
- Second closest tide stationRudee Heights, Lake Wesley2 mi
- Third closest tide stationInside channel, Rudee Inlet2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRudee Inlet entrance2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationVirginia Beach3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to 1st Street Jetty:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort177 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten191 mi
- Third closest ski areaBryce Resort205 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSki Liberty218 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area228 mi
Town and city forecasts close to 1st Street Jetty:
- Closest city locationVirginia Beach4 mi
- Second closest city locationChesapeake18 mi
- Third closest city locationNorfolk18 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPortsmouth21 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortsmouth Heights22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to 1st Street Jetty is Oceana Nas Airport (NTU) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to 1st Street Jetty is Norfolk International Airport (ORF), also in USA, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- Third is Norfolk Ns Airport (NGU) in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away.
- Langley Afb (Hampton) Airport (LFI) in USA is 47 km (29 miles) away.
- Newport News Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to 1st Street Jetty and is 60 km (37 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 1st Street Jetty, Virginia. Use the tab navigation above to view 1st Street Jetty sea temperature, 1st Street Jetty photographs, 1st Street Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 1st Street Jetty webcams, current wind from Virginia live weather stations and 1st Street Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 1st Street Jetty.