57th Street Spot ID
Photo credit: Ray J
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.0 °C
57th Street in New Jerseyis a sandbar break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the northwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the optimum swell angle is from the southeast. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of .
For Middle Thorofare, Ocean Drive bridge, New Jersey, 1 km from 57th Street.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Atlantic City Airport, 26 km from 57th Street.
Overall 57th Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at 57th Street through an avera... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 57th Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Jersey surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 57th Street
Tide stations nearest to 57th Street:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station5 mi
- Fifth closest tide station5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to 57th Street is Atlantic City International Airport (ACY) in USA, 27 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to 57th Street is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD), also in USA, 33 km (20 miles) away.
- Third is Millville Muni Airport (MIV) in USA, 41 km (25 miles) away.
- Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA is 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Mc Guire Afb (Wrightstown) Airport (WRI), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to 57th Street and is 88 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 57th Street, New Jersey. Use the tab navigation above to view 57th Street sea temperature, 57th Street photographs, 57th Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 57th Street webcams, current wind from New Jersey live weather stations and 57th Street tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 57th Street.