Fernandina Beach Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.3 °C
Fernandina Beach Pier in North Florida is an exposed beach/Pier break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the northeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Hazards include sharks,jellyfish, rips.
For Fernandina Beach, Amelia River, Florida, 3 km from Fernandina Beach Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-FRDF1, 4 km from Fernandina Beach Pier.
|light winds from the N|
At Grays Reef Buoy, 61 miles from Fernandina Beach Pier.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||9||9||10||9|
Overall Fernandina Beach Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Fernandina Beach Pier through an... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Fernandina Beach Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Fernandina Beach Pier
Visitor Reviews of Fernandina Beach Pier
“I absolutely LOVE Fernandina beach!!! I am just learning to surf and have had great success. Some days, just as anywhere, the swell may be too rough or on the flip side may be too light, and I am not able to partake in my new passion. I still love Fernandina Beach area as I can still go lay on the beach and work on my tan, go to center street to shop, walk my dogs on beach, or even just eat at Sandy Bottoms if I can't surf. There are just so many things to do in Fernandina Beach!”
Debbie Caldero from UNITED STATES - 26 Aug 2013
Tide stations nearest to Fernandina Beach Pier:
- Closest tide stationFernandina Beach, Amelia River2 mi
- Second closest tide stationKingsley Creek, Railroad bridge3 mi
- Third closest tide stationCut 1N front range, Saint Marys River4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint Marys Entrance, North Jetty4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAmelia City, South Amelia River6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Fernandina Beach Pier:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)319 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)321 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)321 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)321 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)353 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Fernandina Beach Pier:
- Closest city locationJacksonville (United States)27 mi
- Second closest city locationPonte Vedra Beach (United States)29 mi
- Third closest city locationFruit Cove (United States)40 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLakeside (United States)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPalm Coast (United States)75 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Fernandina Beach Pier is Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Fernandina Beach Pier is Jacksonville Nas Airport (NIP), also in USA, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Cecil Fld (Jacksonville) Airport (NZC) in USA, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Gainesville Rgnl Airport (GNV) in USA is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Wright Aaf Airport (LHW), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Fernandina Beach Pier and is 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Fernandina Beach Pier, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Fernandina Beach Pier sea temperature, Fernandina Beach Pier photographs, Fernandina Beach Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Fernandina Beach Pier webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Fernandina Beach Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Fernandina Beach Pier.