Faja da Areia Spot ID
Best: Swell NNW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.8 °C
Faja da Areia in Madeira is an exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Autumn and winter are the optimum times of year for waves. Offshore winds blow from the south. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the north northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall Faja da Areia Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Faja da Areia over a norma... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Faja da Areia surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Madeira surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Faja da Areia
Visitor Reviews of Faja da Areia
Tide stations nearest to Faja da Areia:
- Closest tide stationSao Vicente1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSantana10 mi
- Third closest tide stationRibeira Brava11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationCamara de Lobos13 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFunchal14 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Faja da Areia:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)548 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)692 mi
- Third closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)745 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)818 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)830 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Faja da Areia:
- Closest city locationCamara de Lobos (Portugal)13 mi
- Second closest city locationFunchal (Portugal)15 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Laguna (Spain)302 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSanta Cruz de Tenerife (Spain)303 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPuerto de la Cruz (Spain)305 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Faja da Areia is Porto Santo Airport (PXO) in Madeira, which is 72 km (45 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Faja da Areia is La Palma (Santa Cruz De La Palma) Airport (SPC) in Spain, 470 km (292 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Faja da Areia, Madeira. Use the tab navigation above to view Faja da Areia sea temperature, Faja da Areia photographs, Faja da Areia detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Faja da Areia webcams, current wind from Madeira live weather stations and Faja da Areia tide predictions. The Portugal swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Portugal and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Portugal wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Faja da Areia.