Faganeanea Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell S | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.8 °C
Faganeanea in Tutuila is an exposed reef and point break that has inconsistent surf. The optimum time of year for waves is autumn. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the south. A reef breaks left and there is a left hand point break too. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Take care of coral.
Overall Faganeanea Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Faganeanea through an average Jun... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Faganeanea surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Tutuila surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Faganeanea
Tide stations nearest to Faganeanea:
- Closest tide stationTafuna2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPago Pago, American Samoa2 mi
- Third closest tide stationApia79 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTau Island, Manua Islands80 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationAsau Harbor, Savaii Island140 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Faganeanea:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)1915 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)1915 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)1920 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)1959 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2144 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Faganeanea:
- Closest city locationApia (Samoa)74 mi
- Second closest city locationLabasa (Fiji)676 mi
- Third closest city locationSuva (Fiji)768 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLautoka (Fiji)817 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNandi (Fiji)824 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Faganeanea is Pago Pago International Airport (PPG) in Samoa, which is 2 km (1 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Faganeanea is Faleolo International Airport (APW), also in Samoa, 149 km (93 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Faganeanea, Tutuila. Use the tab navigation above to view Faganeanea sea temperature, Faganeanea photographs, Faganeanea detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Faganeanea webcams, current wind from Tutuila live weather stations and Faganeanea tide predictions. The American Samoa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing American Samoa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from American Samoa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Faganeanea.