Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.7 °C
Escollera Sur in Buenos Aires is an exposed beach/breakwater break that has fairly consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. The best wind direction is from the northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Prevailing right breaking waves at the beach break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Mar del Plata, Argentina, 2 km from Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Mar Del Plata Airport, 13 km from Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata).
|light winds from the NNE|
Thunderstorm in past hour, currently only light rain
Overall Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) throu... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Buenos Aires surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata)
Visitor Reviews of Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata)
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata):(click location name for more details)
- Closest break1 mi
- Second closest break1 mi
- Third closest break2 mi
- Fourth closest break2 mi
- Fifth closest break3 mi
Tide stations nearest to Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata):
- Closest tide stationMar del Plata1 mi
- Second closest tide stationVilla Gesell62 mi
- Third closest tide stationPinamar72 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQuequen74 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNecochea76 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata):
- Closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)725 mi
- Second closest ski areaCaviahue (Argentina)738 mi
- Third closest ski areaCerro Batea Mahuida (Argentina)743 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChapelco (Argentina)753 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLas Pendientes (Argentina)753 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata):
- Closest city locationMar del Plata (Argentina)4 mi
- Second closest city locationNecochea (Argentina)76 mi
- Third closest city locationTandil (Argentina)101 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDolores (Argentina)119 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTres Arroyos (Argentina)152 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Escollera Sur is Mar Del Plata Airport (MDQ) in Argentina, which is 13 km (8 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Escollera Sur is Villa Gesell Airport (VLG), also in Argentina, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Tandil Airport (TDL), also in Argentina, 175 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata), Buenos Aires. Use the tab navigation above to view Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) sea temperature, Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) photographs, Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) webcams, current wind from Buenos Aires live weather stations and Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata) tide predictions. The Argentina swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Argentina and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Argentina wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Escollera Sur (Mar del Plata).