Erie Spot ID
Photo credit: greg benson
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.6 °C
Erie in Lake Erie is an exposed beach break that has reliable surf The best wind direction is from the southeast. Short period wind swells are the rule and the best wave direction is from the west. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for dangerous rips.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Erie surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Erie
- The closest passenger airport to Erie is Youngstown Warren Rgnl Airport (YNG) in USA, 107 km (66 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Erie is Hamilton Airport (YHM) in Canada, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is London Airport (YXU) in Canada, 130 km (81 miles) away.
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) in USA is 146 km (91 miles) away.
- Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Erie and is 146 km (91 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Erie, Lake Erie. Use the tab navigation above to view Erie sea temperature, Erie photographs, Erie detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Erie webcams, current wind from Lake Erie live weather stations and Erie tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Erie.