Engenhoca Spot ID
Type: beach and point
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.9 °C
Engenhoca in South Bahia is an exposed beach and point break that has reliable surf. The surf tends to be optimum in the spring. Ideal winds are from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the east southeast. The beach break offers mainly left hand waves. Rarely crowded here. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall Engenhoca Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart illustrates the range of swells directed at Engenhoca over a normal Septembe... (show all text)
This image describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Engenhoca surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Bahia - Sul surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Engenhoca
Visitor Reviews of Engenhoca
“One of the best spots at South Bahia.”
Flavio Moreira from BRAZIL - 17 Dec 2014
Tide stations nearest to Engenhoca:
- Closest tide stationItacare5 mi
- Second closest tide stationMalhado29 mi
- Third closest tide stationCamamu29 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIlheus31 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCamamu32 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Engenhoca:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1947 mi
- Second closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)2310 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2320 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)2324 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2336 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Engenhoca:
- Closest city locationUbaitaba (Brazil)22 mi
- Second closest city locationIlheus (Brazil)34 mi
- Third closest city locationItabuna (Brazil)37 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCoaraci (Brazil)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIpiau (Brazil)52 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Engenhoca is Ilheus Airport (IOS) in Brazil, which is 52 km (32 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Engenhoca is Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes (Salvador) Airport (SSA), also in Brazil, 176 km (109 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Engenhoca, Bahia - Sul. Use the tab navigation above to view Engenhoca sea temperature, Engenhoca photographs, Engenhoca detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Engenhoca webcams, current wind from Bahia - Sul live weather stations and Engenhoca tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Engenhoca.