Engabao Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Engabao Spot ID
Photo credit: Ricardo/ecuadorsurf.net
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.2 °C
Engabao in Guayas is an exposed point break that has very consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of rocks,fishing lines etc.
Overall Engabao Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure illustrates the range of swells directed at Engabao through an average May. ... (show all text)
This chart describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Engabao surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guayas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Engabao
Visitor Reviews of Engabao
Tide stations nearest to Engabao:
- Closest tide stationPlayas11 mi
- Second closest tide stationPosorja21 mi
- Third closest tide stationSanta Elena33 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Libertad37 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSalinas39 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Engabao:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)495 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1279 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)2180 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2199 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2201 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Engabao:
- Closest city locationPlayas (Ecuador)11 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Elena (Ecuador)33 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Libertad (Ecuador)36 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSalinas (Ecuador)39 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGuayaquil (Ecuador)47 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Engabao is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador, 66 km (41 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Engabao is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE), also in Ecuador, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is General Serrano (Machala) Airport (MCH) in Ecuador, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Pedro Canga (Tumbes) Airport (TBP) in Peru is 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO) in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Engabao and is 169 km (105 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Engabao, Guayas. Use the tab navigation above to view Engabao sea temperature, Engabao photographs, Engabao detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Engabao webcams, current wind from Guayas live weather stations and Engabao tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Engabao.