Engabao Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.7 °C
Engabao in Guayas is an exposed point break that has very consistent surf. Autumn and winter are the best times of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Beware of rocks,fishing lines etc.
Overall Engabao Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Engabao through an a... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Engabao surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guayas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Engabao
- The closest passenger airport to Engabao is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador, 66 km (41 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Engabao is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE), also in Ecuador, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Third is General Serrano (Machala) Airport (MCH) in Ecuador, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Pedro Canga (Tumbes) Airport (TBP) in Peru is 112 km (70 miles) away.
- Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO) in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Engabao and is 169 km (105 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Engabao, Guayas. Use the tab navigation above to view Engabao sea temperature, Engabao photographs, Engabao detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Engabao webcams, current wind from Guayas live weather stations and Engabao tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Engabao.