El Coson Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.5 °C
Elcoson on the North Coast is an exposed beach and reef break that has quite reliable surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Offshore winds are from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the north. The beach breaks are all rights. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for rocks.
Overall El Coson Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at El Coson through a typ... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Coson surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Coson
Visitor Reviews of El Coson
“I surf here year round. There are no crowds and the quality of wave depends on what break you surf in Coson. The beach break is very good and also has a reef that is world class when it is pumping. I believe whoever rated Coson has not surfed here much.”
Patrick Shaw from DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - 07 Feb 2017
Ski Resorts closest to El Coson:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1360 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1365 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1374 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1375 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1377 mi
- The closest passenger airport to El Coson is Las Americas International (Santo Domingo) Airport (SDQ) in Dominican Republic, 101 km (63 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Coson is Herrera International (Santo Domingo) Airport (HEX), also in Dominican Republic, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is Cibao International (Santiago) Airport (STI) in Dominican Republic, 114 km (71 miles) away.
- La Romana International Airport (LRM) in Dominican Republic is 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Gregorio Luperon International (Puerto Plata) Airport (POP), also in Dominican Republic is the fifth nearest airport to El Coson and is 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Coson, North East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view El Coson sea temperature, El Coson photographs, El Coson detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Coson webcams, current wind from North East Coast live weather stations and El Coson tide predictions. The Dominican Republic swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Dominican Republic and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Dominican Republic wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Coson.