El Segundo Beach Jetty Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.7 °C
El Segundo Beach Jetty in Los Angeles Countyis a breakwater break that has quite reliable surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Rarely crowded here. Beware of Man-made danger (buoys etc..) and pollution.
For El Segundo, Santa Monica Bay, California, 1 km from El Segundo Beach Jetty.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Manhattan Beach, 2 km from El Segundo Beach Jetty.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 39 miles from El Segundo Beach Jetty.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||16||16||16||15|
Overall El Segundo Beach Jetty Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at El Segundo Beach Jetty... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Segundo Beach Jetty surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Segundo Beach Jetty
Tide stations nearest to El Segundo Beach Jetty:
- Closest tide stationEl Segundo, Santa Monica Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationManhattan Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationKing Harbor, Santa Monica Bay5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMarina del Rey5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSanta Monica8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Segundo Beach Jetty:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy46 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort53 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area54 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley83 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit91 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Segundo Beach Jetty:
- Closest city locationManhattan Beach2 mi
- Second closest city locationLos Angeles International Airport2 mi
- Third closest city locationHawthorne4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLawndale4 mi
- Fifth closest city locationInglewood5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to El Segundo Beach Jetty is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 4 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Segundo Beach Jetty is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 28 km (17 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 33 km (20 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to El Segundo Beach Jetty and is 58 km (36 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Segundo Beach Jetty, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view El Segundo Beach Jetty sea temperature, El Segundo Beach Jetty photographs, El Segundo Beach Jetty detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Segundo Beach Jetty webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and El Segundo Beach Jetty tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Segundo Beach Jetty.