El Puerto Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
El Puerto Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.5 °C
El Puerto in Atacama is a fairly exposed reef/pier break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. A right hand reef break. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Be wary of rips - they make surfing here dangerous.
Overall El Puerto Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at El Puerto through a typical May.... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Puerto surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Atacama surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Puerto
Visitor Reviews of El Puerto
Tide stations nearest to El Puerto:
- Closest tide stationArica1 mi
- Second closest tide stationIlo86 mi
- Third closest tide stationPacocha90 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIquique121 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPunta de Bombon132 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Puerto:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)198 mi
- Second closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)810 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)980 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)989 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)993 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Puerto:
- Closest city locationArica (Chile)3 mi
- Second closest city locationTacna (Peru)33 mi
- Third closest city locationIlo (Peru)86 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMoquegua (Peru)97 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIquique (Chile)124 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to El Puerto is Chacalluta (Arica) Airport (ARI) in Chile, which is 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to El Puerto is Coronel Fap Carlos Ciriani Santa Rosa (Tacna) Airport (TCQ) in Peru, 47 km (29 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Puerto, Atacama. Use the tab navigation above to view El Puerto sea temperature, El Puerto photographs, El Puerto detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Puerto webcams, current wind from Atacama live weather stations and El Puerto tide predictions. The Chile swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Chile and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Chile wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Puerto.