El Morro Point (K371/2) Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.2 °C
El Morro Point (K371/2) in Baja Norte is an exposed point break that has fairly consistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Rarely crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
For Primo Tapia, 8 km from El Morro Point (K371/2).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Diego/Brown Field Municipal Airport, 36 km from El Morro Point (K371/2).
|light winds from the WNW|
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 63 miles from El Morro Point (K371/2).
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||16||17||17||17|
Overall El Morro Point (K371/2) Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at El Morro Point (K371/2) over a n... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Morro Point (K371/2) surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Morro Point (K371/2)
Wave buoys nearest to El Morro Point (K371/2):
- Closest wave buoy63 mi
- Second closest wave buoy149 mi
- Third closest wave buoy158 mi
- Fourth closest wave buoy210 mi
- Fifth closest wave buoy215 mi
Tide stations nearest to El Morro Point (K371/2):
- Closest tide stationPrimo Tapia5 mi
- Second closest tide stationRosarito6 mi
- Third closest tide stationTijuana17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationImperial Beach24 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationChula Vista24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Morro Point (K371/2):
- Closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)135 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)135 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)136 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)140 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)142 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Morro Point (K371/2):
- Closest city locationRosarito6 mi
- Second closest city locationTijuana17 mi
- Third closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)24 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChula Vista (United States)24 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNational City (United States)30 mi
- The closest passenger airport to El Morro Point (K371/2) is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Morro Point (K371/2) is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 56 km (35 miles) away.
- General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico is 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to El Morro Point (K371/2) and is 69 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Morro Point (K371/2), Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view El Morro Point (K371/2) sea temperature, El Morro Point (K371/2) photographs, El Morro Point (K371/2) detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Morro Point (K371/2) webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and El Morro Point (K371/2) tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Morro Point (K371/2).