El Miramar Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.8 °C
El Miramar in Guayas is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. Offshore winds blow from the south. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest. The right hand reef break is better than the left.. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall El Miramar Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at El Miramar through a typical ... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Miramar surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guayas surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Miramar
- The closest passenger airport to El Miramar is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador, 6 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Miramar is Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE), also in Ecuador, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO) in Ecuador, 140 km (87 miles) away.
- Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador is 144 km (89 miles) away.
- General Serrano (Machala) Airport (MCH), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to El Miramar and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Miramar, Guayas. Use the tab navigation above to view El Miramar sea temperature, El Miramar photographs, El Miramar detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Miramar webcams, current wind from Guayas live weather stations and El Miramar tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Miramar.