El Golfo Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
El Golfo Spot ID
Best: Swell WNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.7 °C
El Golfo in Lanzarote is an exposed reef break that usually has waves, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. A reef breaks right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Submerged rocks are a hazard.
Overall El Golfo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at El Golfo over a normal May and i... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Golfo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lanzarote surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Golfo
Visitor Reviews of El Golfo
Tide stations nearest to El Golfo:
- Closest tide stationTias11 mi
- Second closest tide stationArrecife17 mi
- Third closest tide stationCorralejo17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPuerto del Rosario33 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPuerto de la Luz, Gran Canaria112 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Golfo:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)387 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)600 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)825 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)867 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)912 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Golfo:
- Closest city locationPuerto del Carmen (Spain)11 mi
- Second closest city locationArrecife (Spain)17 mi
- Third closest city locationPuerto del Rosario (Spain)33 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLas Palmas (Spain)114 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTelde (Spain)117 mi
- The closest passenger airport to El Golfo is Lanzarote (Lanzerote) Airport (ACE) in Canary Islands, which is 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Golfo is Fuerteventura Airport (FUE), also in Canary Islands, 58 km (36 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Gran Canaria Airport (LPA), also in Canary Islands, 191 km (119 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Golfo, Lanzarote. Use the tab navigation above to view El Golfo sea temperature, El Golfo photographs, El Golfo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Golfo webcams, current wind from Lanzarote live weather stations and El Golfo tide predictions. The Spain (Africa) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Africa) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Africa) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Golfo.