El Faro Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
El Faro Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.5 °C
El Faro in Nayarit is an exposed reef and point break that is usually a safe bet. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the north. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for rocks.
Overall El Faro Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at El Faro through a typical Apri... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Faro surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nayarit surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Faro
Visitor Reviews of El Faro
Tide stations nearest to El Faro:
- Closest tide stationBucerias13 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuerto Vallarta21 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Blas55 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Patricio119 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationIsla del Bosque138 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Faro:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)867 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)871 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)947 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)1001 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)1030 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Faro:
- Closest city locationPuerto Vallarta (Mexico)22 mi
- Second closest city locationTepic (Mexico)68 mi
- Third closest city locationAmeca (Mexico)98 mi
- Fourth closest city locationAutlan de Navarro (Mexico)102 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTequila (Mexico)110 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to El Faro is Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International (Puerto Vallarta) Airport (PVR) in Mexico, which is 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to El Faro is Tepic Airport (TPQ), also in Mexico, 103 km (64 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Faro, Nayarit. Use the tab navigation above to view El Faro sea temperature, El Faro photographs, El Faro detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Faro webcams, current wind from Nayarit live weather stations and El Faro tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Faro.