El Chorro Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.5 °C
El Chorro in South Uruguay is an exposed point break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south.There is a left hand point break here. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for rocks.
Overall El Chorro Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the range of swells directed at El Chorro through a typical August.... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Chorro surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Chorro
Tide stations nearest to El Chorro:
- Closest tide stationMaldonado11 mi
- Second closest tide stationPunta del Este13 mi
- Third closest tide stationPiriapolis30 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPaso de Carrasco74 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMontevideo83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Chorro:
- Closest ski areaVallecitos (Argentina)853 mi
- Second closest ski areaLas Lenas (Argentina)868 mi
- Third closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)879 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)880 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLagunillas Ski Center (Chile)891 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Chorro:
- Closest city locationMaldonado (Uruguay)11 mi
- Second closest city locationRocha (Uruguay)36 mi
- Third closest city locationMinas (Uruguay)44 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMontevideo (Uruguay)81 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLas Piedras (Uruguay)84 mi
- The closest passenger airport to El Chorro is El Jaguel International (Punta Del Este) Airport (PDP) in Uruguay, which is 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Chorro is Carrasco International (Montevideo) Airport (MVD), also in Uruguay, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Angel S Adami (Montevideo) Airport (MVD), also in Uruguay, 139 km (86 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Chorro, South. Use the tab navigation above to view El Chorro sea temperature, El Chorro photographs, El Chorro detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Chorro webcams, current wind from South live weather stations and El Chorro tide predictions. The Uruguay swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Uruguay and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Uruguay wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Chorro.