El Cardon Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.9 °C
El Cardon in Baja Norte is an exposed point break that usually has waves. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the west. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips and sharks.
Overall El Cardon Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at El Cardon over a normal August, b... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Cardon surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Cardon
Visitor Reviews of El Cardon
Tide stations nearest to El Cardon:
- Closest tide stationBahia de los Angeles55 mi
- Second closest tide stationPuertecitos100 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Quintin141 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSan Felipe147 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Felipe148 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Cardon:
- Closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)328 mi
- Second closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)393 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)395 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)397 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)397 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Cardon:
- Closest city locationPuerto Penasco (Mexico)175 mi
- Second closest city locationHeroica Caborca (Mexico)186 mi
- Third closest city locationHermosillo (Mexico)212 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGuaymas (Mexico)227 mi
- Fifth closest city locationEmpalme (Mexico)231 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to El Cardon is Punta Penasco Airport (PPE) in Mexico, which is 286 km (178 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to El Cardon is General Ignacio P Garcia International (Hermosillo) Airport (HMO), also in Mexico, 333 km (207 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Cardon, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view El Cardon sea temperature, El Cardon photographs, El Cardon detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Cardon webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and El Cardon tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Cardon.