El Brazo Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.4 °C
El Brazo in Atacama is a sheltered reef break that has pretty consitent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Best around low tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for rips and rocks.
Overall El Brazo Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture describes the range of swells directed at El Brazo over a normal August, b... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Brazo surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Atacama surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Brazo
Tide stations nearest to El Brazo:
- Closest tide stationArica1 mi
- Second closest tide stationIlo86 mi
- Third closest tide stationPacocha90 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIquique121 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPunta de Bombon132 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Brazo:
- Closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)198 mi
- Second closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)810 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)980 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)989 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Puquios (Argentina)992 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Brazo:
- Closest city locationArica (Chile)3 mi
- Second closest city locationTacna (Peru)34 mi
- Third closest city locationIlo (Peru)86 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMoquegua (Peru)97 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIquique (Chile)123 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to El Brazo is Chacalluta (Arica) Airport (ARI) in Chile, which is 14 km (9 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to El Brazo is Coronel Fap Carlos Ciriani Santa Rosa (Tacna) Airport (TCQ) in Peru, 48 km (30 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Brazo, Atacama. Use the tab navigation above to view El Brazo sea temperature, El Brazo photographs, El Brazo detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Brazo webcams, current wind from Atacama live weather stations and El Brazo tide predictions. The Chile swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Chile and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Chile wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Brazo.