El Balneario Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.2 °C
El Balneario in Andalucia is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the east northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. It can even get crowded enough to be dangerous.
Overall El Balneario Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at El Balneario over a normal August, ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single El Balneario surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Andalucia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of El Balneario
Visitor Reviews of El Balneario
“Please don't comment anything about our waves....
Go to some other place and comment what you want, but not
here in Cadiz.
Because of people and not surfers like you, our waves are being f**ked up by so called surfers, these outsiders just throw shit on our beaches and don't have any manners.
sampai junmpa lagi bangsat.....
There are no good quality waves in Cadiz. Go to Portugal.
I hear Amado is good...”
jezu from SPAIN - 14 Apr 2013
Tide stations nearest to El Balneario:
- Closest tide stationTarifa1 mi
- Second closest tide stationAlgeciras12 mi
- Third closest tide stationGibraltar (U.K.)17 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLa Linea de la Concepcion18 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSan Roque19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to El Balneario:
- Closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)145 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)182 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra de Bejar-La Covatilla (Spain)301 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSerra da Estrela (Portugal)319 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaValdesqui (Spain)337 mi
Town and city forecasts close to El Balneario:
- Closest city locationAlgeciras (Spain)12 mi
- Second closest city locationGibraltar (Gibraltar)18 mi
- Third closest city locationLa Linea de la Concepcion (Spain)18 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTangier (Morocco)18 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Roque (Spain)19 mi
- The closest passenger airport to El Balneario (Tarifa) is Gibraltar Airport (GIB) in Gibraltar, 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to El Balneario (Tarifa) is Ibn Batouta (Tanger) Airport (TNG) in Morocco, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is Saniat Rmel (Tetouan) Airport (TTU) in Morocco, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Jerez Airport (XRY) in Spain is 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Malaga Airport (AGP), also in Spain is the fifth nearest airport to El Balneario (Tarifa) and is 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for El Balneario, Andalucia. Use the tab navigation above to view El Balneario sea temperature, El Balneario photographs, El Balneario detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, El Balneario webcams, current wind from Andalucia live weather stations and El Balneario tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around El Balneario.