Egg Island Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.3 °C
Egg Island in Eleuthera is a sheltered reef break that has reasonably consistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the southeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north. The reef provides both left and right breaks. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of urchins, rocks, sharks and coral.
Overall Egg Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Egg Island over a normal Octo... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Egg Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Eleuthera surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Egg Island
Tide stations nearest to Egg Island:
- Closest tide stationEleuthera Island (west coast)33 mi
- Second closest tide stationNassau, New Providence Island46 mi
- Third closest tide stationEleuthera Island (east coast)55 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPelican Harbour, Abaco Island63 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMarsh Harbour73 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Egg Island:
- Closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)761 mi
- Second closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)766 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)766 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)774 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)776 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Egg Island:
- Closest city locationNassau (Bahamas)47 mi
- Second closest city locationLucaya (Bahamas)138 mi
- Third closest city locationFreeport (Bahamas)140 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMiami Beach (United States)210 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAventura (United States)212 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Egg Island is North Eleuthera Airport (ELH) in Bahamas, 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Egg Island is Governors Harbour (Governor's Harbor) Airport (GHB), also in Bahamas, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Nassau International Airport (NAS) in Bahamas, 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Rock Sound Airport (RSD) in Bahamas is 90 km (56 miles) away.
- Chub Cay Airport (CCZ), also in Bahamas is the fifth nearest airport to Egg Island and is 112 km (70 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Egg Island, Eleuthera. Use the tab navigation above to view Egg Island sea temperature, Egg Island photographs, Egg Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Egg Island webcams, current wind from Eleuthera live weather stations and Egg Island tide predictions. The Bahamas swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Bahamas and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Bahamas wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Egg Island.