Edisto Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.1 °C
Edisto Beach in South Carolinais a beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. The location means that it never gets crowded. Hazards include - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Sharks.
For Edisto Beach, Edisto Island, South Carolina, 1 km from Edisto Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Sandy Creek Edisto Island wx, 5 km from Edisto Beach.
At Edisto Buoy, 70 miles from Edisto Beach.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Edisto Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Edisto Beach over a no... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Edisto Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Edisto Beach
Tide stations nearest to Edisto Beach:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station3 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station5 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Edisto Beach is Beaufort Mcas Airport (NBC) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Edisto Beach is Charleston Afb International Airport (CHS), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Savannah Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) in USA, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Hunter Aaf Airport (SVN) in USA is 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Santee Cooper Rgnl (Plymouth) Airport (MNI) in Montserrat Island is the fifth nearest airport to Edisto Beach and is 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Edisto Beach, Carolina South. Use the tab navigation above to view Edisto Beach sea temperature, Edisto Beach photographs, Edisto Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Edisto Beach webcams, current wind from Carolina South live weather stations and Edisto Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Edisto Beach.