East Wittering Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.1 °C
East Wittering on the South Coast is a sheltered beach/groynes break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the ideal wave angle is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around high tide when the tide is rising. Likely to be crowded if working. Beware of groynes, rips.
For East Wittering, 1 km from East Wittering.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Thorney Island, 5 km from East Wittering.
|light winds from the W|
Continuous moderate rain
At Greenwich Buoy, 47 miles from East Wittering.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall East Wittering Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at East Wittering through a typic... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single East Wittering surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to South Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of East Wittering
Tide stations nearest to East Wittering:
- Closest tide stationEast Wittering1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSelsey6 mi
- Third closest tide stationChichester7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHavant7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBognor Regis9 mi
Ski Resorts closest to East Wittering:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre213 mi
- Second closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club275 mi
- Third closest ski areaRaise276 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common279 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss281 mi
Town and city forecasts close to East Wittering:
- Closest city locationChichester7 mi
- Second closest city locationHavant7 mi
- Third closest city locationPortsmouth9 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBognor Regis9 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWaterlooville10 mi
- The closest passenger airport to East Wittering is Southampton Airport (SOU) in England, 38 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to East Wittering is Gatwick (London) Airport (LGW), also in England, 65 km (40 miles) away.
- Third is Bournemouth Airport (BOH) in England, 67 km (42 miles) away.
- Heathrow (London) Airport (LHR) in Engalnd is 85 km (53 miles) away.
- City (London) Airport (LCY) in England is the fifth nearest airport to East Wittering and is 105 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for East Wittering, South Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view East Wittering sea temperature, East Wittering photographs, East Wittering detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, East Wittering webcams, current wind from South Coast live weather stations and East Wittering tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around East Wittering.