E-Bay Spot ID
Photo credit: handra
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.5 °C
E-Bay in Sumatra (Mentawi Islands) is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the best time of year for waves. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. A left hand reef break. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall E-Bay Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in September
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at E-Bay through an average Sep... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single E-Bay surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mentawi Islands surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of E-Bay
Visitor Reviews of E-Bay
“Traditional beach resort on the stunning, hidden island of Nyang-Nyang. The camp can sleep up to 10 people and provides a traditional feel with modern facilities. Accompanied by an Indonesian family atmosphere, Camp Siberut offers a unique and memorable stay. The Mentawai Islands have plenty of amazing surf and breaks such as E'bay, Beng-Beng, Nipussi and Pitstop are all within walking distance from camp. With white sandy beaches, palm trees and coral reefs.
handra from INDONESIA - 24 May 2015
Tide stations nearest to E-Bay:
- Closest tide stationPariaman108 mi
- Second closest tide stationSibolga246 mi
- Third closest tide stationBengkulu259 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationKualatungkal309 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTeluk Nibung336 mi
Ski Resorts closest to E-Bay:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)2582 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)2704 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)2759 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)2763 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)2955 mi
Town and city forecasts close to E-Bay:
- Closest city locationPadang (Indonesia)104 mi
- Second closest city locationPariaman (Indonesia)108 mi
- Third closest city locationSolok (Indonesia)128 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBukittinggi (Indonesia)135 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSijunjung (Indonesia)149 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to E-Bay is Tabing (Padang) Airport (PDG) in Indonesia, which is 173 km (107 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to E-Bay is Sultan Syarif Kasim Ii (Pekanbaru) Airport (PKU), also in Indonesia, 362 km (225 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for E-Bay, Mentawi Islands. Use the tab navigation above to view E-Bay sea temperature, E-Bay photographs, E-Bay detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, E-Bay webcams, current wind from Mentawi Islands live weather stations and E-Bay tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around E-Bay.