Dunes Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind S
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.0 °C
Dunes in Atlantic is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the south. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the north. Both left and right reef breaks. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of rocks in the line up.
Overall Dunes Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Dunes through a typical January.... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dunes surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Puerto Rico surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dunes
Ski Resorts closest to Dunes:
- Closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)1493 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1506 mi
- Third closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)1510 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1515 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSugar Mountain (United States)1517 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Dunes is Rafael Hernandez (Aguadilla) Airport (BQN) in Puerto Rico, 8 km (5 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dunes is Eugenio Maria De Hostos (Mayaguez) Airport (MAZ), also in Puerto Rico, 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is Mercedita (Ponce) Airport (PSE) in Puerto Rico, 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci (San Juan) Airport (SIG) in Puerto Rico is 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Luis Munoz Marin International (San Juan) Airport (SJU), also in Puerto Rico is the fifth nearest airport to Dunes and is 112 km (70 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dunes, Puerto Rico. Use the tab navigation above to view Dunes sea temperature, Dunes photographs, Dunes detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dunes webcams, current wind from Puerto Rico live weather stations and Dunes tide predictions. The Puerto Rico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Puerto Rico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Puerto Rico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dunes.