Doonloughan Spot ID
Photo credit: Paul McGrath
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.6 °C
Doonloughan in Mayo and Achill Island is an exposed beach break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds are from the southeast and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Light onshore winds ruin the qulaity Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. Crowds are never a problem here. Take care of .
Overall Doonloughan Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Doonloughan through an average Octo... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Doonloughan surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mayo and Achill Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Doonloughan
Tide stations nearest to Doonloughan:
- Closest tide stationWestport35 mi
- Second closest tide stationGalway46 mi
- Third closest tide stationTalbert Island, River Shannon68 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationShannon72 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTra Li83 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Doonloughan:
- Closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)300 mi
- Second closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)305 mi
- Third closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)311 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)328 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)331 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Doonloughan:
- Closest city locationGalway (Ireland)46 mi
- Second closest city locationLimerick (Ireland)83 mi
- Third closest city locationCork (Ireland)127 mi
- Fourth closest city locationWaterford (Ireland)150 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTallaght (Ireland)155 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Doonloughan is Galway Airport (GWY) in Ireland, 81 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Doonloughan is Connaught Airport (NOC), also in Ireland, 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Third is Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland, 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Sligo Airport (SXL) in Ireland is 137 km (85 miles) away.
- Kerry Airport (KIR), also in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Doonloughan and is 146 km (91 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Doonloughan, Mayo and Achill Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Doonloughan sea temperature, Doonloughan photographs, Doonloughan detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Doonloughan webcams, current wind from Mayo and Achill Island live weather stations and Doonloughan tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Doonloughan.