Doogort Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Mayo and Achill Island, Ireland)
Doogort Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.4 °C
Doogort in Achill Island and Mayo is a fairly exposed beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the northwest.. It very rarely gets crowded here.
Overall Doogort Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Doogort over a normal May. It ... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Doogort surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Mayo and Achill Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Doogort
Visitor Reviews of Doogort
Tide stations nearest to Doogort:
- Closest tide stationWestport25 mi
- Second closest tide stationGalway65 mi
- Third closest tide stationShannon101 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTalbert Island, River Shannon103 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTra Li121 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Doogort:
- Closest ski areaGlencoe Mountain Resort (United Kingdom)273 mi
- Second closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)278 mi
- Third closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)285 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)313 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)316 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Doogort:
- Closest city locationGalway (Ireland)65 mi
- Second closest city locationLimerick (Ireland)109 mi
- Third closest city locationDerry (United Kingdom)128 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLondonderry County Borough (United Kingdom)129 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLisburn (United Kingdom)140 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Doogort is Connaught Airport (NOC) in Ireland, 80 km (50 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Doogort is Sligo Airport (SXL), also in Ireland, 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Third is Galway Airport (GWY) in Ireland, 107 km (66 miles) away.
- St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England is 161 km (100 miles) away.
- Shannon Airport (SNN) in Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Doogort and is 163 km (101 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Doogort, Mayo and Achill Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Doogort sea temperature, Doogort photographs, Doogort detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Doogort webcams, current wind from Mayo and Achill Island live weather stations and Doogort tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Doogort.