Donuts Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.9 °C
Donuts in San Diego County is a sheltered reef break that has unreliable waves. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the west. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Man-made danger (buoys etc.) - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
For Point Loma, California, 1 km from Donuts.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At SHIP3717, 6 km from Donuts.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 47 miles from Donuts.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||14||15|
Overall Donuts Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Donuts through a typical October, ... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Donuts surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Donuts
- The closest passenger airport to Donuts is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Donuts is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away.
- Third is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 29 km (18 miles) away.
- General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE), also in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Donuts and is 114 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Donuts, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Donuts sea temperature, Donuts photographs, Donuts detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Donuts webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Donuts tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Donuts.