Donuts Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.5 °C
Donuts in San Diego County is a sheltered reef break that has inconsistent surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the west. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Hazards include - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Man-made danger (buoys etc.) - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
For Point Loma, California, 1 km from Donuts.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At North Island Naval Air Station Airport, 5 km from Donuts.
|moderate winds from the NW|
Dry and partly cloudy
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 47 miles from Donuts.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||8||8||8|
Overall Donuts Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in November
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Donuts over a normal November, b... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Donuts surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Donuts
Tide stations nearest to Donuts:
- Closest tide stationPoint Loma1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Diego, Quarantine Station2 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Diego6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQuivira Basin, Mission Bay7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNational City, San Diego Bay7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Donuts:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)108 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)109 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)110 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)110 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)116 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Donuts:
- Closest city locationNational City (United States)9 mi
- Second closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)10 mi
- Third closest city locationChula Vista (United States)11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Diego (United States)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLemon Grove (United States)14 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Donuts, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Donuts sea temperature, Donuts photographs, Donuts detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Donuts webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Donuts tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Donuts.