Donuts Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.4 °C
Donuts in San Diego County is a sheltered reef break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the east. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Take care of - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Man-made danger (buoys etc.) - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
For Point Loma, California, 1 km from Donuts.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At North Island Naval Air Station Airport, 5 km from Donuts.
|light winds from the WNW|
Dry and cloudy
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 47 miles from Donuts.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||16||14||15||15|
Overall Donuts Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Donuts through a typical August ... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Donuts surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Donuts
Visitor Reviews of Donuts
Tide stations nearest to Donuts:
- Closest tide stationPoint Loma1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Diego, Quarantine Station2 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Diego6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQuivira Basin, Mission Bay7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNational City, San Diego Bay7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Donuts:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)108 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)109 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)110 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)110 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)116 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Donuts:
- Closest city locationNational City (United States)9 mi
- Second closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)10 mi
- Third closest city locationChula Vista (United States)11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Diego (United States)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLa Mesa (United States)15 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Donuts, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Donuts sea temperature, Donuts photographs, Donuts detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Donuts webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Donuts tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Donuts.