Donuts Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Donuts in San Diego County is a sheltered reef break that does not work very often. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds blow from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Man-made danger (buoys etc.) - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
For Point Loma, California, 1 km from Donuts.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At North Island Naval Air Station Airport, 5 km from Donuts.
|light winds from the NW|
Dry and partly cloudy
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 47 miles from Donuts.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||-||14||17|
Overall Donuts Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Donuts through a typical Jun... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Donuts surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Donuts
Tide stations nearest to Donuts:
- Closest tide stationPoint Loma1 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Diego, Quarantine Station2 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Diego6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationQuivira Basin, Mission Bay7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNational City, San Diego Bay7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Donuts:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley108 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy109 mi
- Third closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain110 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Summit110 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain116 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Donuts:
- Closest city locationNational City9 mi
- Second closest city locationImperial Beach10 mi
- Third closest city locationChula Vista11 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSan Diego12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationLemon Grove14 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Donuts is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 5 km (3 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Donuts is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 9 km (6 miles) away.
- Third is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 29 km (18 miles) away.
- General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE), also in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Donuts and is 114 km (71 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Donuts, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Donuts sea temperature, Donuts photographs, Donuts detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Donuts webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Donuts tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Donuts.