Dominical Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.6 °C
Dominical in Golfo de Nicoya is an exposed beach break that has very consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for dangerous rips.
Overall Dominical Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This picture describes the variation of swells directed at Dominical over a normal Apri... (show all text)
The figure shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dominical surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo de Nicoya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dominical
Ski Resorts closest to Dominical:
- The closest passenger airport to Dominical is Quepos Managua Airport (XQP) in Costa Rica, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dominical is Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ), also in Costa Rica, 51 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) in Costa Rica, 94 km (58 miles) away.
- Golfito Airport (GLF) in Costa Rica is 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Coto 47 Airport (OTR), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Dominical and is 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dominical, Golfo de Nicoya. Use the tab navigation above to view Dominical sea temperature, Dominical photographs, Dominical detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dominical webcams, current wind from Golfo de Nicoya live weather stations and Dominical tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dominical.