Dolphin Street Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Orange County, USA)
Dolphin Street Spot ID
Photo credit: Kenny Davis
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.7 °C
Dolphin Street in Orange County is a sheltered beach break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach breaks consists of lefts. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of locals, pollution, rips.
For Los Patos (highway bridge), California, 3 km from Dolphin Street.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Seal Beach, 4 km from Dolphin Street.
|light winds from the SW|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 57 miles from Dolphin Street.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||14||14||16||14|
Overall Dolphin Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Dolphin Street through a typical ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dolphin Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dolphin Street
Visitor Reviews of Dolphin Street
Tide stations nearest to Dolphin Street:
- Closest tide stationLos Patos (highway bridge)2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSeal Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationHuntington Beach7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLong Beach, Outer Harbor, Pier A7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLong Beach, Inner Harbor8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Dolphin Street:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)40 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)50 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)52 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)69 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)76 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Dolphin Street:
- Closest city locationWestminster (United States)5 mi
- Second closest city locationCypress (United States)7 mi
- Third closest city locationHuntington Beach (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFountain Valley (United States)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGarden Grove (United States)7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Dolphin Street is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dolphin Street is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Dolphin Street and is 39 km (24 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dolphin Street, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Dolphin Street sea temperature, Dolphin Street photographs, Dolphin Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dolphin Street webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Dolphin Street tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dolphin Street.