Dolphin Street Spot ID
Photo credit: Kenny Davis
Best: Swell WNW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.5 °C
Dolphin Street in Orange County is a sheltered beach break that only works once in a while. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach breaks consists of lefts. Best around low tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Beware of locals, pollution, rips.
Overall Dolphin Street Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Dolphin Street through a t... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dolphin Street surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dolphin Street
- The closest passenger airport to Dolphin Street is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dolphin Street is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Dolphin Street and is 39 km (24 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dolphin Street, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Dolphin Street sea temperature, Dolphin Street photographs, Dolphin Street detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dolphin Street webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Dolphin Street tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dolphin Street.