Dixon Park Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.5 °C
Dixon Park in Newcastle is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf The best wind direction is from the northwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for rips, locals, shark protected,.
Overall Dixon Park Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Dixon Park through an average Oc... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dixon Park surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Newcastle surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dixon Park
Tide stations nearest to Dixon Park:
- Closest tide stationNewcastle1 mi
- Second closest tide stationCharlestown6 mi
- Third closest tide stationSwansea12 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationRathmines12 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCorlette24 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Dixon Park:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields (Australia)279 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher (Australia)306 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass (Australia)311 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo (Australia)316 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek (Australia)373 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Dixon Park:
- Closest city locationNewcastle (Australia)1 mi
- Second closest city locationPort Stephens (Australia)24 mi
- Third closest city locationMosman (Australia)69 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCastle Hill (Australia)71 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRandwick (Australia)74 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Dixon Park is Richmond Airport (RCM) in Australia, 118 km (73 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dixon Park is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD), also in Australia, 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Third is Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU) in Australia, 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU) in Australia is 159 km (99 miles) away.
- Tamworth Airport (TMW), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Dixon Park and is 224 km (139 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dixon Park, NSW - Newcastle. Use the tab navigation above to view Dixon Park sea temperature, Dixon Park photographs, Dixon Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dixon Park webcams, current wind from NSW - Newcastle live weather stations and Dixon Park tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dixon Park.