Dixon Park Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.7 °C
Dixon Park in Newcastle is an exposed beach and reef break that has reasonably consistent surf The best wind direction is from the northwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. A fairly popluar wave that can sometimes get crowded Watch out for rips, locals, shark protected,.
Overall Dixon Park Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Dixon Park over a normal May. It ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dixon Park surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Newcastle surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dixon Park
- The closest passenger airport to Dixon Park is Newcastle Airport (NTL) in Australia, 17 km (11 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dixon Park is Richmond Airport (RCM), also in Australia, 118 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney) Airport (SYD) in Australia, 125 km (78 miles) away.
- Sydney Bankstown Airport (BWU) in Australia is 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Camden Airport (CDU), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Dixon Park and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dixon Park, NSW - Newcastle. Use the tab navigation above to view Dixon Park sea temperature, Dixon Park photographs, Dixon Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dixon Park webcams, current wind from NSW - Newcastle live weather stations and Dixon Park tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dixon Park.