Dirk Hartog Island Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.3 °C
Dirk Hartog Island in North West is a fairly exposed reef break that has consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds blow from the east northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. A reef breaks right. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of urchins, rips, rocks, sharks, sharks and isolation.
Overall Dirk Hartog Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Dirk Hartog Island over a normal... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dirk Hartog Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to WA - North West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dirk Hartog Island
Tide stations nearest to Dirk Hartog Island:
- Closest tide stationUseless Loop12 mi
- Second closest tide stationMonkey Mia40 mi
- Third closest tide stationWithnell Point42 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationDenham54 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHamelin Pool62 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Dirk Hartog Island:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang2052 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain2060 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Buller2085 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Baw Baw2086 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Stirling2088 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Dirk Hartog Island:
- Closest city locationGeraldton201 mi
- Second closest city locationPerth431 mi
- Third closest city locationArmadale447 mi
- Fourth closest city locationKwinana449 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRockingham449 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Dirk Hartog Island is Learmonth Airport (LEA) in Australia, which is 445 km (276 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Dirk Hartog Island is Perth International Airport (PER), also in Australia, 697 km (433 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dirk Hartog Island, WA - North West. Use the tab navigation above to view Dirk Hartog Island sea temperature, Dirk Hartog Island photographs, Dirk Hartog Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dirk Hartog Island webcams, current wind from WA - North West live weather stations and Dirk Hartog Island tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dirk Hartog Island.