Diners Beach Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.3 °C
Diners Beach in Mahia is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Rarely crowded here. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall Diners Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The rose diagram shows the range of swells directed at Diners Beach through a typical O... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Diners Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gisborne and Mahia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Diners Beach
Tide stations nearest to Diners Beach:
- Closest tide stationWaikokopu9 mi
- Second closest tide stationWairoa River29 mi
- Third closest tide stationGisborne34 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationTolaga Bay (Cooks Cove)57 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNapier60 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Diners Beach:
- Closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)125 mi
- Second closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)129 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)130 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)207 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)327 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Diners Beach:
- Closest city locationGisborne (New Zealand)34 mi
- Second closest city locationNapier (New Zealand)58 mi
- Third closest city locationHastings (New Zealand)68 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRotorua (New Zealand)116 mi
- Fifth closest city locationTauranga (New Zealand)140 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Diners Beach is Gisborne Airport (GIS) in New Zealand, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Diners Beach is Whakatane Airport (WHK), also in New Zealand, 164 km (102 miles) away.
- Third is Taupo Airport (TUO) in New Zealand, 168 km (104 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Diners Beach and is 225 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Diners Beach, Gisborne and Mahia. Use the tab navigation above to view Diners Beach sea temperature, Diners Beach photographs, Diners Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Diners Beach webcams, current wind from Gisborne and Mahia live weather stations and Diners Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Diners Beach.