Diners Beach Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.6 °C
Diners Beach in Mahia is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the west. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the east southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. Rarely crowded here. Dangerous rips are a hazard of surfing here.
Overall Diners Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image illustrates the range of swells directed at Diners Beach over a normal Octob... (show all text)
The graph describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Diners Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gisborne and Mahia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Diners Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Diners Beach is Gisborne Airport (GIS) in New Zealand, 54 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Diners Beach is Whakatane Airport (WHK), also in New Zealand, 164 km (102 miles) away.
- Third is Taupo Airport (TUO) in New Zealand, 168 km (104 miles) away.
- Rotorua Airport (ROT) in New Zealand is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Tauranga Airport (TRG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Diners Beach and is 225 km (140 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Diners Beach, Gisborne and Mahia. Use the tab navigation above to view Diners Beach sea temperature, Diners Beach photographs, Diners Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Diners Beach webcams, current wind from Gisborne and Mahia live weather stations and Diners Beach tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Diners Beach.