Dewey Beach Spot ID
Best: Swell ESE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 6.7 °C
Dewey Beach in Delawareis a beach break that does not work very often with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the east southeast. Waves at the beach break both left and right. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Hazards include .
Overall Dewey Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Dewey Beach over a normal March, ... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dewey Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Delaware surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dewey Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Dewey Beach is Cape May Co (Wildwood) Airport (WWD) in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dewey Beach is Salisbury Ocean City Wicomico Rgnl Airport (SBY), also in USA, 55 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Dover Afb Airport (DOV) in USA, 59 km (37 miles) away.
- Millville Muni Airport (MIV) in USA is 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Wallops Flight Facility Airport (WAL), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Dewey Beach and is 91 km (57 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dewey Beach, Delaware. Use the tab navigation above to view Dewey Beach sea temperature, Dewey Beach photographs, Dewey Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dewey Beach webcams, current wind from Delaware live weather stations and Dewey Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dewey Beach.