Dauphin Island Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 31.7 °C
Dauphin Island Pier in Alabamais a beach break that has quite consistent surf. The favoured conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the best wave direction is from the south southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Rarely crowded here. Take care of - Rips / undertow.
At Dauphin Island, Alabama (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-DPIA1, 1 km from Dauphin Island Pier.
|light winds from the NE|
At Orange Beach Buoy, 33 miles from Dauphin Island Pier.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||8||7||7|
Overall Dauphin Island Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Dauphin Island Pier through an a... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dauphin Island Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Alabama surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dauphin Island Pier
Tide stations nearest to Dauphin Island Pier:
- Closest tide stationDauphin Island0 mi
- Second closest tide stationDauphin Island Hydro0 mi
- Third closest tide stationDauphin Island, Mobile Bay0 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFort Gaines, Mobile Bay Entrance1 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMobile Point (Fort Morgan)4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Dauphin Island Pier:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont366 mi
- Second closest ski areaSky Valley426 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain433 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSapphire Valley450 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaOber Gatlinburg Ski Resort461 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Dauphin Island Pier:
- Closest city locationMobile30 mi
- Second closest city locationBiloxi50 mi
- Third closest city locationPensacola52 mi
- Fourth closest city locationEast Pensacola Heights55 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFerry Pass55 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Dauphin Island Pier is Mobile Downtown Airport (BFM) in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dauphin Island Pier is Mobile Rgnl Airport (MOB), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Pensacola Nas Airport (NPA) in USA, 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Keesler Afb (Biloxi) Airport (BIX) in USA is 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Pensacola Rgnl Airport (PNS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Dauphin Island Pier and is 89 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dauphin Island Pier, Alabama. Use the tab navigation above to view Dauphin Island Pier sea temperature, Dauphin Island Pier photographs, Dauphin Island Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dauphin Island Pier webcams, current wind from Alabama live weather stations and Dauphin Island Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dauphin Island Pier.