Dauphin Island Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 32.2 °C
Dauphin Island Pier in Alabamais a beach break that has quite reliable surf. The optimum conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Usually gets local windswells, but groundswells do happen and the ideal wave direction is from the south southeast. The beach break provides left and right handers. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Beware of - Rips / undertow.
At Dauphin Island, Alabama (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-DPIA1, 1 km from Dauphin Island Pier.
|light winds from the NNE|
At Orange Beach Buoy, 33 miles from Dauphin Island Pier.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||6||6|
Overall Dauphin Island Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Dauphin Island Pier over a n... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Dauphin Island Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Alabama surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Dauphin Island Pier
Tide stations nearest to Dauphin Island Pier:
- Closest tide station0 mi
- Second closest tide station0 mi
- Third closest tide station0 mi
- Fourth closest tide station1 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Dauphin Island Pier is Mobile Downtown Airport (BFM) in USA, 42 km (26 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Dauphin Island Pier is Mobile Rgnl Airport (MOB), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Pensacola Nas Airport (NPA) in USA, 74 km (46 miles) away.
- Keesler Afb (Biloxi) Airport (BIX) in USA is 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Pensacola Rgnl Airport (PNS), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Dauphin Island Pier and is 89 km (55 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Dauphin Island Pier, Alabama. Use the tab navigation above to view Dauphin Island Pier sea temperature, Dauphin Island Pier photographs, Dauphin Island Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Dauphin Island Pier webcams, current wind from Alabama live weather stations and Dauphin Island Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Dauphin Island Pier.